KHC Closed circuit type cooling towers, Crossflow design, Square Type, Modular Cell Configuration Cooling Tower Indonesia
1. Package type, with HDGS structure, FRP casing & basin
2. Combining the function of a cooling tower and heat exchanger into one system.
3. With two heat-exchanging media: copper coils and PVC film fills.
4. Process water is circulating through copper coils. The heat of the process water is rejected through evaporation and the
pre-cooled recirculating spary water.
5. Recirculation water is cooled when passing over the PVC film fills, thermally equalized and re-distributed over the outside of the
■ Capacity range:
Available in 4 standard models (single cell) with capacilities from 80 to 150 nominal tons. (Various modular combinations are
available to meet different cooling capacity requirements and jobsite restrictions.)
■ Applicable for:
Heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and light to midium processing applications.
1. Keeping process water from being contaminated
2. Reducing power consumption and maintenance costs
3. Conserving space in equipment room
4. Maximizing system efficiency
5. Reducing water treatment costs
6. Offering options for free cooling and dry cooling in cold winter
7. Smaller foodprint than other brands of the same cooling capacity
8. Modular copper coils, light weight, easy to install
1. The research team includes:
a. King Sun R & D Department.
b. Energy &Resources Laboratories, Industrial Technology Research Institute.
c. HVAC Department, University of Shanghai for Science & Technology.
2. The Structural Design
a. The heat exchange tube coil is made of high quality copper alloy (C12200) that is with excellent heat exchange performance and
excellent corrosion resistance.
b. Bear in mind to minimize the operating weight, the cooling tower structure is most friendly to the weight burden of the building
structure if it is to be installed on top of the building.
c. All the steel structures of the cooling tower are with hot dip galvanization to maximize the duty life time.
d. The cooling tower side panel is made of F.R.P. so it is with long service time.
The fan stack, water distribution box, water distribution basin, cold water basin and access door are all made of F.R.P. for longer
3. Operation costs and expenses
a. KHC cooling tower is with closed circuit design so the maintenance cost of cooling tower is minimized.
b. The water quality inside the system circulation tube coil could be constantly kept stable, the heat exchange performance is ensured,
so the operation costs, maintenance cost and maintenance time are minimized.
4. Costs of piping connection
a. The connecting header design is been considered for easier piping connection on the system circulation tube coil.
b. The cooling tower inlet & outlet pipe connection is designed to reduce the piping connection cost of the owner. In the meantime, the
job site area requirement is also minimized.
5. Specially designed cooling tower circulation pump
For closed circuit cooling tower, the cooling tower circulation water should be with much bigger flow rate. The cooling tower
circulation pump of KHC is specially designed and is suitable for low head but high volume requirement.